Why Choose An Ultraviolet Light Water System?
Bacteria can be a problem in a home that sources its water from a private well. Dug wells (also known as “wash wells”) are relatively shallow and collect their water close to the surface. Heavy rains can wash in bacteria or animal remains can be decomposing in a shallow well. Bedrock wells can be susceptible, too – cracks in the well casing or plumbing can allow the intrusion of bacteria.
Ultraviolet light water systems are safe, clean, and easy to maintain and ensure bacteria-free water. A UV light water treatment system destroys almost 100% of the microorganisms that are harmful. These systems do not add chemicals or change the taste and odor of your water. The UV light water purification process is recognized by the FDA as one of four approved methods of water disinfection.
Ultraviolet light or “UV” light is an electromagnetic spectrum of energy that disinfects when it comes into contact with the bacteria. The UV light destroys the genetic core of the bacteria by rearranging DNA/RNA. This destruction process eliminates the reproduction abilities of the bacteria. UV water treatment is a reliable, safe, clean, quick and cost effective method of disinfection water. The UV light systems can be either point of entry (whole house) or point of use (under sink).
Maintenance couldn’t be simpler on a UV water treatment system. Just change the lamp once a year. UV systems create no residual waste as a result of their purification process.